Search This Blog

Monday, February 01, 2010

everylittlething

Usually I talk much more than I write, because I find comfort in having a conversation with one person or many people. In this way I can learn myself and others better and feel connected to others through our commonalities and differences. Nevertheless I've figured that writing to myself and for myself, and also for others is just as important for getting ideas out there to be discussed. I guess I've now justified to myself this blog's existence.

I like the idea of all in existence as being equal. My former violin teacher taught me this by emphasizing that I treat every single note in a piece as being equally important to the next, regardless of how short or seemingly insignificant it may be. Each note contributes to the musical masterpiece as a whole. Now I see how this can be applied to our everyday living. From moment to moment, person to person, plant to plant, animal to animal, idea to idea, conversation to conversation and so on, every 'one' is part of the universe as one.

Of course everyone has their "priorities," but imagine if we were to put purposeful energy into all the endeavors, events and experiences throughout our daily lives. By treating everything in each moment as equally important to that which came before and that which will come after we can create all around holistic, meaningful and FULL lives for ourselves-the masterpiece that is life!

blah blah blah. check out this sweet vid! haha. I took it one evening from our back porch in Australia in 2008. ahh the ambience. Notice how all the contributing elements (natural and man made sounds & colours) play equally so as to create a perfect little overture of the universe in that very moment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment